Monday, January 31, 2011

Trusting

In my on-going pursuit of self-improvement, I decided that instead of being the squeaky wheel, I was goign to let this DCFS thing play out on it's own. I got to praying and God put on my heart that I may have a thing or to to learn about letting go of control and trusting him.
So, I told myself that every time I thought about about how frustrated I was or about calling someone to make this situation right, I would just pray for God to resolve the problem instead. I was prepared to do this at least for the week, if not longer. It would be a good practice for me.
But, guess what? Our caseworker called this morning to say that she was wrong. Six months is the waiting period, and that will be on February 17th, so we can keep moving along and begin the legal part of the adoption. Yay!
And I am trying not to laugh at the fact that she was so frustrated that she had to make another visit to give us the paperwork. Well, if you had done it right the first time....

2 comments:

  1. Haha. My favorite line from any of your blogging yet, "I was prepared to do this for at least a week..."
    I admire your dedication to the cause... for a fortnight and a half.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO AHEAD AND LAUGH. GREAT NEWS. BETTY ASKED ME THIS WEEK WHEN--SO I CAN UPDATE HER. WE TOOK 3 BOYS TONITE. WHAT WAS I THINKING???? HOPE IT IS SHORT TERM. WEEK-END PANIC FOR DCFS. NEED THE 7 Y.O.PLACED.

    ReplyDelete